Parthenon Management Group believes that the optimal success of a professional scientific society results from member driven leadership and governance with management and facilitation being provided by professionally trained and experienced staff. Our goal in managing a scientific society is to do our job with the same level of excellence that our members do their work. We relieve the volunteer member leadership of administrative burdens and enable them to devote their time to strategic thinking and determining the goals and objectives of the society. We then facilitate the work of the society’s committees, who will perform most of the work necessary to achieve those goals. We are proud that we have a demonstrated record of integrity. We have procedures in place that ensure complete transparency and accountability of our work.
The Principals of PMG are well known within the community of neuroscience and psychiatric associations and have established a reputation for excellence in association and meeting management. PMG personnel earned their reputation for high quality service based on their successful management of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP). The ACNP is not only highly regarded as the leading scientific society in neuropsychopharmacology, but is also known for its efficient and professional management and for the extraordinarily smooth operation of its annual meeting. It has become a model for other scientific organizations.
PMG’s Core Purpose and Mission Statement
- Our mission is to help our clients to achieve theirs.
PMG’s Core Values
PMG staff believe in these Core Values
- People come first:
- Regarding PMG Clients:
- Regarding our clients, we understand that an association is not just an abstraction. It is comprised of people who are committed to the mission and purpose of that association.
- We will only serve clients when we believe we can commit ourselves to the mission of that client; just as the members are committed to it.
- We will only serve clients when we can commit ourselves to the people we are working with to the extent that we come to be seen as a part of the family.
- We will promote our clients’ success. We believe that our success will follow
- Regarding PMG Staff:
- We will create a work environment that is Fun, Flexible, and Family Friendly.
- Excellence is our minimum standard. PMG is a place where excellent people can thrive.
- Regarding PMG Clients:
- Excellence: We seek to do our work with the same level of excellence as our members do their work. Excellence is our minimum standard.
- Accountability: We are committed to transparency and will accept responsibility for the work we do.
- Team Work: We realize that we cannot achieve the high goals we have set without effective teamwork. We will each do our best to perform our role while also doing whatever is necessary to help and support our teammates.
- Integrity: We will operate at the highest level of integrity. We will be truthful, honest and fair in our dealings with members, colleagues and vendors.
- Personal/Professional Balance: we recognize the importance of family and other personal priorities in life. We will create a work environment that accommodates those priorities and still achieves our goals and objectives.